Thursday, June 17, 2010

Purple People Eater

For as long as I can remember, I've struggled with shin splints. I like to run, so I generally try to stick to only doing a few miles with once a week or once every two weeks 5 milers built in. I also try to stick to running on the grass instead of the sidewalks.

With all of this running I've been doing lately for my fundraiser, my shins are just going downhill.

My friend Jenny emailed telling me about these compression shin sleeves. I used them on Saturday for my run and loved them. I think I need to wash and re-shrink them though for this Saturday's run. I wore them on Tuesday, and my shins aren't happy with me at all. I think I stretched them out too much.

I do look absolutely ridiculous in them though. They're pretty good at "breathing", so it doesn't make me any hotter than the normal 100 degree weather with 100% humidity does.

For our run on Saturday, Chris couldn't stop laughing at me, and insisted on getting a picture before we headed out at 6 a.m..

Wanna see?

.....

Okay, I have no shame...


So do you like my new fashion statement?

6 comments:

  1. I think these are very stylish. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be joining in on the trend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like kneesocks - not so bad! And if they work, who cares??? Where do I get some? Any other colors available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina...you just wait!! We'll see what ailments you have come Feb!!

    Caroline, yep!! They actually do work, I just need to shrink them a bit to keep them nice and tight!

    Mom...yes, but running in kneesocks? Remember the alligator story? We kept saying that The Purple People Eater almost became Gator Bait!! We can go shopping for some when you come in a few weeks! Can't wait! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bringing back the 80's!! Now all you need is a hot pink running outfit and a side ponytail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they make striped ones? That would complete the outfit! Haven't you seen Holly from The Girls Next Door? Her and her friends always wear knee highs!

    And actually, as the training goes on here in N. FL. more people are wearing them. I'm going to be the one that sticks out w/o them! haha

    ReplyDelete

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails