Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Congratulations CHRIS!!!

I'm so proud!!

I've been dying to tell everyone Chris's big news, but we had to wait until he made a decision and today's the day!!

Chris is now officially a Senior Engineer!! That's a TWO level jump!! Remember this post? Remember me saying next up was CEO?! He's well on his way!!!

So how did this happen you ask? How, in these economic times, when our company isn't giving raises or progressions (that's what they call them...don't ask me), did Chris manage to jump up TWO levels?!

He's a super star, that's how!! (And he manages to smile and look good while working hard...like this):



I kid, I kid. Well, not really...I digress...sorry.

Chris was not content being worked to death for no reward, and applied for a Senior level position in another group. He saw the job rec open and went for it. After his interview, he told the hiring manager that he didn't want an E3 position, he wanted a Senior position...that's what he interviewed for, and he had all of the qualifications that the Senior level rec called out for.

His current group couldn't let him go without leveling the playing field and putting up a fight, so Chris has been going back and forth all week on which job to accept. Today was his cutoff date and he is officially a Senior!! After much much MUCH debate, thought, and conversation, Chris decided to stay with his current group.

I'm so proud of all of the hard work he puts into both his job and his school work. It's not easy to be go, go, go all of the time, and moments like this are when you realize it CAN be worth it! Go Chris!

I think it's about time for a celebration vacation, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails