Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Goof Ball

I almost ruined my exercise goal by being a goof ball.

I love to dance and sing around my house. You can't be in a bad mood while dancing, it has to make you smile! I guess that's how I get to my happy place...that and running to music. Ha...most of the time I do both...I dance a little sometimes while running to music. I'm sure I look like the biggest dork ever, but I'm married and I really don't care!

So, how did I almost ruin my exercise goal?

On Thursday I ran 4 miles -- 2 fast (750 min mile) and 2 slow (10 min mile). My feet / ankles were a little tired. By the time Chris got home from work, it was raining. Chris doesn't do well with motivation for cardio exercise on his own, I'm sort of his cheerleader most of the time. Amazingly, he came home and went into the exercise room and started riding the exercise bike ALL ON HIS OWN. I was still working, so once I finished up and went into the exercise room, I was so impressed to see him riding the bike!

I picked up the 7 lb dumbbells and started dancing around the room, being Chris's cheerleader singing "Come on Chris, you can do it, put a little power to it...". I was never ever a cheerleader, and I definitely don't have the coordination to dance around with weights. Well, my tired ankle decided that was enough and gave out on me and twisted.

I iced my foot that night with the torture treatment (take a big 5 gallon paint bucket, fill it with ice and water, and put your foot in for 15 minutes, then take it out for 15 minutes, and repeat 3 times), which really does work miracles on injuries. I was not happy at the thought of not being able to play beach volleyball (which I've missed since NOVEMBER) because I was a goof. Good thing the torture treatment worked!

Erin told me I needed to come up with a better story on how I twisted it, but I'm a goof ball, and that's what happened! My ankle lasted through 7 games of doubles on the beach before I decided to call it quits. What's odd though is that I have a bruise up above my ankle towards the back of my shin. I showed Chris it and he said nothing surprises him with me anymore...he wouldn't be surprised if my butt started swelling from twisting my ankle. I'd be quiet peeved if my butt started swelling...I don't need any help back there!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
<3
Kara

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...Kara. I thought you just did that at home, now the entire world knows how big of goof ball I married.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you saw? Have a question? Got a suggestion? Leave me some comment lovin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails